Data Science/Business Analytics Manager
Description of the open position
Are you a data scientist who understands the language of business?
Are you passionate about data science and business analytics?
Are you ready to build, coordinate and steer a local team of data science enthusiasts while actively participating in business development efforts?
Are you able to provide strategic and tactical advice to customers and present a clear point of view or vision?
Are you keen on inspiring customers to step into the digital age with confidence?
- Ensure Business Development from strategy to execution of data science / business analytics activities within ARHS Group, covering both the Belgian and Luxembourgish market:
- Prospect potential customers for data science / business analytics projects;
- Lead and manage pre-sales activities.
- Prepare commercial proposals;
- Develop new service offerings.
- Follow-up on leading edge technologies, industry perspective and trends in data science and data warehousing in general;
- Prepare and deliver C-Level presentations or workshops on how to derive value and obtain insight out of data;
- Develop, coach and manage the ARHS business analytics department:
- Organisation of presentations, meetings, events with data science/Business Analytics consultants;
- Organise knowledge sharing activities;
- Develop data science and general data warehousing competencies of ARHS consultants (conference, trainings, …) in collaboration with the training manager;
- Attract and recruit new talents.
Who you are
- A Master’s in IT or computer science-related programmes, a Master’s in data science, a Master's in civil or business engineering or a Master’s in statistics;
- Experience with projects implementation;
- Five or more years of experience in data science or data warehousing technologies and methods;
- Five of more years of experience with implementing business analytics projects and participation in sales and pre-sales activities with large companies;
- Fluent oral and written skills in Dutch and/or French & English;
- Strong communication and presentation skills;
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team, and being able to lead teams;
- Knowledge of the traditional data warehousing framework (ETL, modelling, appliances, databases, end-user tools…);
- Knowledge of Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, Aster, NOSql, Pig, Hive, MongoDB, Cassandra,… is considered a plus.
What you’ll get
An informal hierarchy & work environment
Our open, flat structure supports a strong focus on communication and collaboration, enabling to respond quickly to market changes and customer requests.
Learning & development opportunities
We constantly invest in our people and are committed to providing individual development opportunities to help you continue to grow and stay happy and satisfied at work.
An attractive salary package
With an attractive salary and benefits package − including advantageous fringe benefits − you’ll be well paid for what you love to do.
You’ll take ownership of various projects for both public and private clients: calling for creativity and innovation, at the cutting-edge of technology.
A strong corporate culture
You’ll join a dynamic team of smart and ambitious people. From the way we hire, to the way we relate to our clients − our values form the foundation of the way we work.
A rock solid company
With more than 200 customers, 1300 consultants and 150 ongoing projects in FY2018, you’ll join a business with a sustainable and growth-oriented plan.