Description of the open position
Arhs Group is a market leader in the management of complex IT projects and systems. Founded in Luxembourg in 2003, we’ve grown organically to encompass 10 entities with over 1,300 employees in Luxembourg, Belgium, Italy and Greece.
Our bold company culture is built around working hard and playing hard, with a flat and agile structure that lends itself to efficiency and employee empowerment. We value our diverse workplace of close-knit teams and provide a place where everyone can be supported to learn and evolve.
We’re growing fast, in both headcount and revenue, and we’re looking for a Database Administrator (DBA) to join our growing team!
Our team consists of talented and friendly developers, with passion about technology and a customer-centric mindset. With our focus on getting things done, we help our clients achieve their goals with best-of-breed solutions, superior execution and exceptional services.
As a Database Administrator, you will
- Day-to-day support, monitoring, troubleshooting and administration of several databases
- Run regular batch processes/jobs for databases maintenance, performance tuning and other database tasks
- Resolve performance issues and conduct root cause analysis
- Establish and maintain recovery procedures and back up
- Monitor database performance, implement changes and apply security patches and versions upgrade when required
- Ensure database security best practice is met
- Respond to issues and support calls, including security incidents
- Design and implement a performance optimized database in accordance to end users’ information needs and views
- Deliver results in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment that requires the ability to handle multiple priorities and projects simultaneously
Who you are
- At least 2 years of hands-on production experience on SQL Server Database Administration
- Experience of supporting SQL Server database elements including: Patching, Backup/Recovery, Replication, AlwaysOn
- Experience in SQL Server Database Performance Tuning and Query Optimization techniques
- A good understanding of Job Scheduling and Monitoring Tools
- Good knowledge of SQL Server Development and T-SQL programming
- Strong communication skills, analytical thinking and problem solving
- Strong desire to keep learning
- Fluent in English, both oral and written
- Ability to work with various teams
- Pro-active and can-do attitude
- Availability to work onsite the client’s premises
- SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Transact-SQL (T-SQL)
- Microsoft SQL Server
Bonus / advantage skills
- Experience in BI and OLAP technologies
- Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and/or SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Experience with source control tools, code repositories, code versioning, and branch development (preferably GIT)
- Microsoft Certifications is considered a plus
- Experience on Oracle Database Administration
What you’ll get
An informal hierarchy & work environment
Our open, flat structure supports a strong focus on communication and collaboration, enabling to respond quickly to market changes and customer requests.
Learning & development opportunities
We constantly invest in our people and are committed to providing individual development opportunities to help you continue to grow and stay happy and satisfied at work.
An attractive salary package
With an attractive salary and benefits package − including advantageous fringe benefits − you’ll be well paid for what you love to do.
You’ll take ownership of various projects for both public and private clients: calling for creativity and innovation, at the cutting-edge of technology.
A strong corporate culture
You’ll join a dynamic team of smart and ambitious people. From the way we hire, to the way we relate to our clients − our values form the foundation of the way we work.
A rock solid company
With more than 200 customers, 1300 consultants and 150 ongoing projects in FY2018, you’ll join a business with a sustainable and growth-oriented plan.