ETL Analyst Developer
Description of the open position
You are part of a squad team that works in an agile framework (scrum). All squad members sit physically together and work on a specific business domain (eg. Network & Customer Experience, Location Insights, Value Analytics, …)
You will work closely with your squad colleagues and be responsible for the analysis, development, testing and follow up of the implementation of project deliverables with a focus on quality:
- load and integrate data from our multitude of applications, service platforms and networks in the Enterprise Data Warehouse/Data Lake via ETL solutions
- creating datamarts and/or reports/dashboards
The analyst/developer is a key contact person for internal clients and takes care of optimal communication and collaboration with them and all other teams needed, in and outside our domain.
He/she contributes to the organization and optimization of team processes.
You make sure that your (and your colleagues’) solutions are matching the requirements regarding security (retail/wholesale, legal, …) and confidentiality, defined by Legal- and Security- teams and by our Datawarehouse Data Security Officer (DSO).
You have to make sure that solutions make optimal use of available computer capacity (CPU, I/O, storage, memory, …), available on our platforms (Teradata, Hadoop, Oracle, … ) and guarantee optimal performance.
As we are looking for analyst/developers in 3 technological areas you possess several of the technical skills of 1 or more of the following skillsets:
- Data Integration
- Profound knowledge of key concepts of Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing and entity-relationship (E-R)-, Third Normal Form (3NF)- and dimensional modeling (knowledge on RDA helps)
- Good knowledge on Hadoop and related technologies (Hortonworks Hadoop stack, HBase, MapReduce, Storm, Hive, Kafka, Scala, Spark …)
Knowledge and experience in:
- Scripting (Perl, Java, Python, R, …)
- NoSQL principles and systems: document stores, graph databases, KVP stores
- Parallel data processing (MPP) and tuning
- Statistical Modeling
- BI tools (Informatica, MicroStrategy), databases (Teradata, Oracle)
- modeling tools (RDA)
Data Delivery with focus on Microstrategy
- You have a good general knowledge of the entire MicroStrategy platform/architecture and know how components work/communicate together.
- You have a profound knowledge of the MicroStrategy Developer & Architect tool. Schema & public objects development & design is like a second nature for you.
- You have worked with object manager to create your own release packages.
Data Delivery with focus on Microsoft
- SQL Server
- Integration Services
- Reporting Services
- Analysis Services (OLAP and/or Tabular)
- Power BI (Desktop and Services)
- Job scheduling via JAMS
What you’ll get
An informal hierarchy & work environment
Our open, flat structure supports a strong focus on communication and collaboration, enabling to respond quickly to market changes and customer requests.
Learning & development opportunities
We constantly invest in our people and are committed to providing individual development opportunities to help you continue to grow and stay happy and satisfied at work.
An attractive salary package
With an attractive salary and benefits package − including advantageous fringe benefits − you’ll be well paid for what you love to do.
You’ll take ownership of various projects for both public and private clients: calling for creativity and innovation, at the cutting-edge of technology.
A strong corporate culture
You’ll join a dynamic team of smart and ambitious people. From the way we hire, to the way we relate to our clients − our values form the foundation of the way we work.
A rock solid company
With more than 200 customers, 1600 consultants and 150 ongoing projects, you’ll join a business with a sustainable and growth-oriented plan.