Java Application Support Engineer
Description of the open position
Are you passionate about resolving production issues?
Do you have experience coding in Java?
We have the right role for you in our team!
We are currently looking for a Java Application Support Engineer who will be part of our team that works on the maintenance and evolution of around 20 Legacy and non-Legacy Web applications of our client, a large organization in Belgium.
You will be based here in Athens, and your role will be to facilitate the production process by configuring and supporting the enterprise software applications written in Java. In addition, you will play a major role in the incident management but also ensuring the successful coordination and cooperation with operations teams for resolving production issues.
- Configure and support Java enterprise software applications
- Resolve issues in the applications using Java code
- Conduct 2nd level support of production incidents
- Investigate network environment issues
- Manage and investigate application servers problems
- Coordinate and collaborate with remote operation teams for problem resolution
- Perform Application log analysis
Who you are
- At least 3 years of hands-on Java/J2EE programming and diagnostic experience
- Knowledge of Oracle and/or SQL server, including the ability to write complex SQL queries
- Basic knowledge of application servers such as Weblogic, Tomcat, Jboss, and Websphere
- Knowledge of Windows and Unix server operating systems
- Ability to diagnose and fix issues in complex web environments involving software and networking
- BSc in Computer Science, Information Technology or similar field
- Oracle server
- SQL server
- Application Server (e.g. Weblogic, Tomcat, Jboss, and Websphere)
- Windows and Unix OS
Bonus / advantage skills
- Shell scripting
- Experience with application performance monitoring tools such as App Dynamics or Dynatrace
What you’ll get
An informal hierarchy & work environment
Our open, flat structure supports a strong focus on communication and collaboration, enabling to respond quickly to market changes and customer requests.
Learning & development opportunities
We constantly invest in our people and are committed to providing individual development opportunities to help you continue to grow and stay happy and satisfied at work.
An attractive salary package
With an attractive salary and benefits package − including advantageous fringe benefits − you’ll be well paid for what you love to do.
You’ll take ownership of various projects for both public and private clients: calling for creativity and innovation, at the cutting-edge of technology.
A strong corporate culture
You’ll join a dynamic team of smart and ambitious people. From the way we hire, to the way we relate to our clients − our values form the foundation of the way we work.
A rock solid company
With more than 200 customers, 1300 consultants and 150 ongoing projects in FY2018, you’ll join a business with a sustainable and growth-oriented plan.