Machine Learning #2 (Internship)
Description of the open position
Agility and Scrum are part of our daily job at ARHS.
To support us with these concepts, we are using JIRA and Confluence from Atlassian.
JIRA is central in our organization as almost every team is using this tool to organize and track the project. However, all the teams do not manage their projects in the same way for various reasons: contracts, remote workers, working at customer premises, only development tasks, development and hosting tasks, etc.
With an emphasis on continuous improvement and work efficiency, ARHS wants to take advantage of JIRA data in order to:
- Build statistics about projects: % of dev/test/devops, how many projects using French/English? Etc.
- Ensure that Agile/Scrum best practices are applied: friendliness during exchanges, non-negative feedback, split big tasks in smaller tasks, are we mixing various tasks into the same ticket (dev/test/infra)? Etc.
- Detect crisis, risks and endless exchanges
- Detect technologies to populate our skills portfolio app
ARHS proposes to develop a custom application using extraction and machine learning techniques. Raw data will be retrieved from JIRA (using its REST API) and, eventually, our internal project management tool.
A first list of indicators will be defined during the first days of the internship. For each of them, the student will be responsible to analyze:
- Sourcing JIRA features
- Implementation/deduction strategy.
The main features of this application are:
- Extract needed information from JIRA
- Track the changes in JIRA
- Data analysis using machine learning techniques and, especially, natural language processing
- Propose data analysis results via a well-defined REST API (no front-end needed)
- Machine learning;
- Natural language processing;
- Cloud (Azure and/or AWS);
- Document store;
We are looking for a student:
- Curious and creative;
- In the love of code;
- Team player;
- With an interest for state of the art technologies and semantic web;
- Autonomous and dynamic;
- Fluent in French and English.
What you’ll get
An informal hierarchy & work environment
Our open, flat structure supports a strong focus on communication and collaboration, enabling to respond quickly to market changes and customer requests.
Learning & development opportunities
We constantly invest in our people and are committed to providing individual development opportunities to help you continue to grow and stay happy and satisfied at work.
An attractive salary package
With an attractive salary and benefits package − including advantageous fringe benefits − you’ll be well paid for what you love to do.
You’ll take ownership of various projects for both public and private clients: calling for creativity and innovation, at the cutting-edge of technology.
A strong corporate culture
You’ll join a dynamic team of smart and ambitious people. From the way we hire, to the way we relate to our clients − our values form the foundation of the way we work.
A rock solid company
With more than 150 customers, and 31% organic growth in FY2017, you’ll join a business with a sustainable and growth-oriented plan.