Senior Monitoring Administrator
Description of the open position
You want to combine passion and IT expertise?
You are talented, motivated and ambitious? Then, we will be more than happy to meet you!
In order to reinforce one of our teams, working in an European Institution, Arηs Cube is looking for a Senior Monitoring Administrator.
The monitoring administrator has a broad background in monitoring to support the planning, architecture, analysis, design, implementation, administration, and operations of the Monitoring solution. He operates, implements and maintains monitoring solutions in a 24×7 enterprise production environment.
- Operation, administration and integration of supervisory solutions based mainly on tools: MS SCOM, Nagios and Icinga or similar monitoring solution by adapting the configurations according to the situation;
- Meet with application, service operation teams, developers, network/systems engineers, and system administrators to collect monitoring requirements;
- From a broad selection of monitoring tools, conceptualise, develop, and implement vendor or custom monitoring solutions to ensure system functions;
- Identify, analyse, architect, and test enhancements or bug fixes to the current systems management infrastructure to meet changing requirements and increase productivity;
- Analyse processes to establish technical guidelines and standards for systems monitoring;
- Provide administrative support for configuration and proper operation of monitoring tools;
- Create documentation and formalize procedures pertaining to the operation of the servers, and applications;
- Consults with and provides recommendations to other Ops teams (system / backup / storage / security / …).
Who you are
- 6+ years of experience in similar roles;
- Knowledge in supervision (administration and implementation) of monitoring solutions;
- Understanding of monitoring event management;
- System : Linux / Unix and additionally Windows is a plus ;
- Scripting: at least one of the programming languages: Shell (like ksh, bash, perl, python) and PowerShell is a plus;
- ITIL certified or relevant experience/knowledge;
- English fluently spoken and written;
- Ability to supervise and work simultaneously on different activities with a variety of projects and short deadlines;
- Good analytical skills as well as time management skills, interpersonal and communication skills (written, verbal and presentation skills);
- Autonomous and energetic;
- Team player.
What you’ll get
An informal hierarchy & work environment
Our open, flat structure supports a strong focus on communication and collaboration, enabling to respond quickly to market changes and customer requests.
Learning & development opportunities
We constantly invest in our people and are committed to providing individual development opportunities to help you continue to grow and stay happy and satisfied at work.
An attractive salary package
With an attractive salary and benefits package − including advantageous fringe benefits − you’ll be well paid for what you love to do.
You’ll take ownership of various projects for both public and private clients: calling for creativity and innovation, at the cutting-edge of technology.
A strong corporate culture
You’ll join a dynamic team of smart and ambitious people. From the way we hire, to the way we relate to our clients − our values form the foundation of the way we work.
A rock solid company
With more than 200 customers, 1300 consultants and 150 ongoing projects in FY2018, you’ll join a business with a sustainable and growth-oriented plan.