SQL Database Developer
Description of the open position
Arhs Group is a market leader in the management of complex IT projects and systems. Founded in Luxembourg in 2003, we’ve grown organically to encompass 10 entities with over 1,300 employees in Luxembourg, Belgium, Italy and Greece.
Our bold company culture is built around working hard and playing hard, with a flat and agile structure that lends itself to efficiency and employee empowerment. We value our diverse workplace of close-knit teams and provide a place where everyone can be supported to learn and evolve.
We’re growing fast, in both headcount and revenue, and we’re looking for an SQL Database Developer to join our growing team!
Our team consists of talented and friendly developers, with passion about technology and a customer-centric mindset. With our focus on getting things done, we help our clients achieve their goals with best-of-breed solutions, superior execution and exceptional services.
As an SQL Database Developer, you will
- Write complex T-SQL code for heavy transactional databases
- Investigate, troubleshoot and maintain existing databases
- Conduct various T-SQL code reviews and ensure best practices are followed
- Translate business requirements into a performance optimized database design and implementation
- Deliver results in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment that requires the ability to handle multiple priorities and projects simultaneously
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree in Computer science or equivalent subject
- At least 2 years of experience in SQL Server Development and T-SQL programming
- Experience in SQL Server Database Tuning and Query Optimization techniques
- Familiarity with Requirements Analysis, Data Modeling and Database Development
- Fluent in English, both oral and written
- Eager to learn new technologies and frameworks
- Understanding of Agile methodologies
- Strong skills in teamwork, communication, analytical thinking and problem solving
- Attention to detail
- Availability to work onsite the client’s premises
- T-SQL programming
- SQL Server
- Datastax Cassandra
Bonus / advantage skills
- Understanding of Datastax Cassandra or equivalent NoSQL Development
- Some experience with developing and debugging applications integrated with Datastax Cassandra or equivalent NoSQL Development
- Experience with Source Control Tools, Code Repositories, Code Versioning, and Branch Development (preferably GIT)
What you’ll get
An informal hierarchy & work environment
Our open, flat structure supports a strong focus on communication and collaboration, enabling to respond quickly to market changes and customer requests.
Learning & development opportunities
We constantly invest in our people and are committed to providing individual development opportunities to help you continue to grow and stay happy and satisfied at work.
An attractive salary package
With an attractive salary and benefits package − including advantageous fringe benefits − you’ll be well paid for what you love to do.
You’ll take ownership of various projects for both public and private clients: calling for creativity and innovation, at the cutting-edge of technology.
A strong corporate culture
You’ll join a dynamic team of smart and ambitious people. From the way we hire, to the way we relate to our clients − our values form the foundation of the way we work.
A rock solid company
With more than 200 customers, 1300 consultants and 150 ongoing projects in FY2018, you’ll join a business with a sustainable and growth-oriented plan.