Storage & Backup Operational Team Lead
Description of the open position
You want to combine passion and IT expertise?
You are talented, motivated and ambitious? Then, we will be more than happy to meet you!
In order to reinforce our internal infrastructure team, Arηs Developments is looking for a Storage & Backup Operational Team-Lead.
The Storage & Backup Operational Team Lead is a role that requires a good mix of technical skills and experience in technical support.
The Storage & Backup Operational Team Lead will provide direction and development to a team of engineers managing storage and backup solutions, and ensure proper configuration, availability, performance, capacity, and maintenance in the existing environment.
- Plan and ensure the consistency of service shifts and on calls are in place
- Ensure the team is optimized to resolve incidents and requests within agreed contractual service levels
- Ensure that the average duration of the incidents reduces over time
- unplanned downtime reduces over time
- P1 PROD follow the crisis management process accurately and efficiently
- Lead the Team requirements for coaching, training, and up-skilling.
- Maintain a proactive plan and actions for service effectiveness
- Acting as a key leader within the delivery team, be a point of expertise in both the technical aspects and operational aspects.
- Master the standard processes and ensure the standard processes are being followed
- Understand optimal service operation, and where operations are not performing to expectations raise the issue with the management.
- Lead specific projects within the team to improve productivity and quality.
- Be open, approachable and proactive with the operational technical staff to enable operational effectiveness.
- Conduct regular operations meetings to tackle day-to-day delivery issues and ensure follow through on action items.
- Attend SLA Reviews and formulate/implement action items to ensure compliance.
- Motivate, encourage and inspire the team to meet and surpass the customer satisfaction goals as defined by the SLA.
- Contribute to quality and productivity improvement projects.
- Conduct one on one sessions with the team members with a focus on process/operational improvements
- Ensure that all scheduled and agreed IT operations are clearly documented with a schedule and owner.
- Provide clear and unambiguous communication forums and channels across the team to ensure all subject matter is relayed in a timely manner and conscientiously.
- Ensure the team complies to SLA’s by utilizing the standard Service Management lifecycle processes
- Be proactive to anticipate issues or situations which impact service availability and critical response time, and take necessary mitigation steps escalating to management’s attention, where appropriate.
Who you are
- Technical background, 5-10 years of professional relevant experience.
- Knowledge with Large Scale Storage Area Network Systems (Design, Build, Operate) e.g. Dell/EMC, NetApp, HDS,..
- Experience operating Storage Area Network (SAN), and Network Attached Storage (NAS); as well as migrating/consolidating SAN/NAS
- Experience operating and maintaining backup solutions
- Fiber Channel switches Cisco and/or Brocade
- NFS and Block Storage Experience
- Understanding of enterprise architecture
- Experience with network switches, fiber channel and VLAN configuration
- Working project management knowledge, processes, and procedures
- Ability to work and communicate in a multi-cultural environment
- Service-oriented mindset
- Experience working in a managed service environment
What you’ll get
An informal hierarchy & work environment
Our open, flat structure supports a strong focus on communication and collaboration, enabling to respond quickly to market changes and customer requests.
Learning & development opportunities
We constantly invest in our people and are committed to providing individual development opportunities to help you continue to grow and stay happy and satisfied at work.
An attractive salary package
With an attractive salary and benefits package − including advantageous fringe benefits − you’ll be well paid for what you love to do.
You’ll take ownership of various projects for both public and private clients: calling for creativity and innovation, at the cutting-edge of technology.
A strong corporate culture
You’ll join a dynamic team of smart and ambitious people. From the way we hire, to the way we relate to our clients − our values form the foundation of the way we work.
A rock solid company
With more than 200 customers, 1300 consultants and 150 ongoing projects in FY2018, you’ll join a business with a sustainable and growth-oriented plan.