Description of the open position
Arhs Digital is looking for an Functional and/or Technical Analyst. The Analyst will work within one team of our client. The department is accountable for the development of qualitative and efficient solutions
Arhs is a fully independent group of companies specialized in IT services for large organisations, focusing on state-of-the-art software development, business intelligence and infrastructure services.
Our assets and expertise cover several domains including mobile applications, digital trust, e-Government, content management, e-Procurement or business process management.
With more than 900 consultants, the Arhs Group proposes to its customers either a specific and competitive delivery model on a fixed price basis through its local Software Factories in Luxembourg, Athens, Italy and Brussels, or a classical time and means mode.
Arhs had a successful track record since 2003, and has, since then, built up a large number of satisfied clients that includes many top companies (in the telco, industry and bank sectors) and some of the largest local government agencies.
Our values are to leverage excellence, to be result oriented, to ensure commitment and to ensure adaptability.
Arhs is ISO 90001:2008 certified. Arhs Developments and Arhs Developments Belgium, for their Software Development and Maintenance activities, have been appraised at Level 2 of the CMMI Institute’s Capability Maturity Model Integration. Arhs Cube had the PSF approval as “Operator of Communication Networks and Secondary Computer Systems in the Financial Sector”.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the domain analyst and architect in order to define high level solutions and provide realistic high level estimations for upcoming projects
- Perform detailed technical analysis in collaboration with business analysts (working for business dpt) with the support of the scrum team, domain analyst and architects
- Act as the point of contact for the questions related to the projects or stories being implemented throughout the story lifecycle, including all stakeholders: business, backend services, quality assurance and management
- Ensure in collaboration of the scrum master of the accuracy of the scrum backlog
- Ensure the readiness of the stories before the development starts :
- Clear definition of the story
- Define the acceptance criteria in collaboration of business
- Validate back-end readiness
- Helps prepare the Sprint demo/Review
- Is available for questions and delivers instantaneous feedback to the scrum team during the Sprint
- Participate to the IT testing (from test case definitions until their execution)
- Team point of contact during user acceptance testing
- Provide support to e-Operations to ensure that incidents are managed/solved within the adequate timing (depending of the incident criticality)
- Competences required:
- A strong analytical mindset combined with Java web development (J2EE)
- This person has also to embrace concepts such as clear acceptance criteria, executable requirements, short iterations, continuous feedback and clarity of business objectives.
- A successful candidate should strive to promote simple functional solutions and pragmatic decisions.
- Ability to work in a structured environment with flexibility for frequent changes of priorities
- Ability to work with external companies/partners
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems (critical thinking).
- Ability to translate requirements into technical solutions according to rules, standards and guidelines defined in the architecture
- Good communication skills (spoken and written) according to the needs of different audiences
- Team player
- Negotiation skills
- English is mandatory. Dutch and French are a plus
Who you are
- Technical skills:
- Bachelor/University in computer science
- At least 5 years of experience on Java (J2EE) web based development.
- Strong experience in J2EE development
- Good experience with UML and design pattern
- Experience with Agile methodologies, Jira as issue and backlog management tool
Bonus / advantage skills
What we offer to you
- Excellence: We invest in the continuous improvement of our employees and their pursuit of excellence.
- Result oriented: By participating in our projects, we help you in achieving your professional and personal career goals.
- Commitment: We are committed to create a professional environment where the well-being, the dynamism and the growth of our employees are stimulated.
- Adaptability: We strive in being adaptable towards our employees to guarantee them the best work/life balance.
- Attractive package: Competitive package to follow your career evolution. But let's talk about it face to face!
What you’ll get
An informal hierarchy & work environment
Our open, flat structure supports a strong focus on communication and collaboration, enabling to respond quickly to market changes and customer requests.
Learning & development opportunities
We constantly invest in our people and are committed to providing individual development opportunities to help you continue to grow and stay happy and satisfied at work.
An attractive salary package
With an attractive salary and benefits package − including advantageous fringe benefits − you’ll be well paid for what you love to do.
You’ll take ownership of various projects for both public and private clients: calling for creativity and innovation, at the cutting-edge of technology.
A strong corporate culture
You’ll join a dynamic team of smart and ambitious people. From the way we hire, to the way we relate to our clients − our values form the foundation of the way we work.
A rock solid company
With more than 200 customers, 1300 consultants and 150 ongoing projects in FY2018, you’ll join a business with a sustainable and growth-oriented plan.